Annual survey on future trends in communication
management and public relations
European Communication Monitor 2012 - some of
the insights are:
– Most important strategic issues:
Need to address more audiences with limited resources new on the list
- Ethical challenges: Six out of ten PR professionals faced
moral problems within the last 12 months
- Barriers to professionalisation: 84% state
that top management lacks understanding of communications
- Integrating and coordinating communications:
Shaping multiple identities is more relevant today
- Practice of strategic communication: Operational work takes 37% of a
- Social media: Large gap between perceived importance and real
implementation in most organisations
- Development and qualifications: Management and business knowledge
needed, but training is missing
here to download ECM 2012 charts (124 pp., free PDF)!
Click here to watch YouTube video
Please note that the ECM 2012 report (text and
charts, 124 pp., ISBN
978-3-942263-12-2) has been published as a full colour print
booklet by Helios Media. The booklet is available on
request, 30 EUR incl. shipping.
Ansgar Zerfass, Prof. Dr.,
University of Leipzig (GE)
- Lead Researcher
Ralph Tench, Prof.
Piet Verhoeven, Ass.
Prof. Dr., University of Amsterdam (NL)
Dejan Vercic, Prof. Ph.D., University
of Ljubljana (SI)
Angeles Moreno, Prof. Ph.D., University Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid (ES)
Valerie Carayol, Prof.
Dr., University of Bordeaux 3 (FR)
Finn Frandsen, Prof., Aarhus University (DK)
Prof. Dr., University of Oslo (NO)
Invernizzi, Prof. Dr., IULM University, Milan (IT)
University of Economics (PL)